Subject: Re: [Leica] leica CL
From: Dennis Painter <dwp@deltanet.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 1998 22:31:07 -0700

Which will you buy?

M6  for $1995 USD
CL2 for $1895 USD

Think about the manufacturing economics of a CL-2.  Just because it is
smaller does not mean it cost less to manufacture.  I think they might
save a little in the rangefinder by using a simpler one like the old CL.
Maybe they can save a few bucks in the shutter. But to have Leica
quality it is going to cost.  What about TTL flash and all those
goodies, think the manufacturing cost will be less than the flash on the
M6?

Leica's dilema is if they build it will you pay the price? or skip it
for the M6.  I think they have studied the price point on this, whether
and how they build a CL2 is up to them.

IMO of course.

Dennis