Subject: Re: [Leica] Lens info request
From: Dennis Painter <dwp@deltanet.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 1998 17:13:39 -0700

Denton Taylor wrote:

> I'm relatively new to M6-dom. Have had my camera only a week but am quite
> amazed at results with my only lens, the 35 2.0 Canadian Summicron.
>
> I'm not sure about the differences between Summicron and Summilux. I'm
> thinking of obtaining either the 90 or 75, followed later (when my wallet
> recovers) by a 50.
>
> Although the Summiluxes have a speed advantage. I could live without the
> 1-stop difference. I am more concerned with differences in color rendition,
> contast, and sharpness at the middle aperatures--say f/4 to f/11.
>
> Are there differences?
>
> Regards,
>
> Denton Taylor

From postings of many LUGgers I think the color consistency is very high
across the line of M lenses with the exception of the Noctilux.

I think its a good idea for a kit to have at least one high speed
available light lens and the 75 would fit this for you.  Or get a 50 and
add the 90 later.  I think a 35/75 combo would be great.  I don't have
the 75 and see a pretty big jump from the 50 to 90.  I use the 90 very
little but this is a 'personal style' issue too.  If you shoot a SLR
don't think your style with it will translate to an M, it might, and
might not.

Dennis