Subject: Re: [Leica] 75 Summilux
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 1998 22:44:42 -0500

At 06:20 PM 6/27/98 -0400, you wrote:
>I am considering buying a 75mm Summilux for an M6. Can anybody list all
>the various incarnations (if any) and the differences between them. Also,
>what could I expect to pay for a new or used lens. Any recommended
>dealers? Thanks in advance.

Any who are recommended here pretty much. I won't say who I prefer, but
there are plenty of places to look. Check Shutterbug Magazine.

There are three different versions I know about. The early one has a
detachable lens hood. Second is the same except for the built-in lens hood.
Then a recent version is made in Germany (as opposed to the previous
versions in Canada) that is lighter.

I think they normally sell used for about $1,600 - $1,700. It is a
wonderful lens!
- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Common sense is that layer of prejudices laid down in the mind prior to the
age of eighteen.

Albert Einstein