Subject: RE: [Leica] Leica and 15 year old technology
From: Alan Ball <AlanBall@csi.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 1998 18:41:19 +0200

On Monday, June 29, 1998 6:14 AM, Ted Grant [SMTP:tedgrant@islandnet.com]
wrote:
>...<CUT>...
> It is was like using a P&S all the time without any thought process
behind
> the picture. I had a much higher number of frames....also a higher number
> of non-keepers!

Ted,
While I do not really agree with the P&S analogy and the negative
connotation these letters carry, I must agree on the "number of
non-keepers" issue. It is true that I get more keepers per roll (or per set
of 5 rolls) with my M system than with any other hardware I have used up to
now. But it is also true there are quite a few circumstances where a fast
AF system would have helped me get pictures I have not even tried to shoot.
I have an easier time finding reason to the M system than I have to the R
system (or any other 100 pct manual focus SLR system BTW, except that their
prices are more reasonable), though I would of course LOVE to own  the
100mm f2.8 macro-R and the new 180mm f2.8 APO  ;-)

Alan
Brussels-Belgium