Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica technology, creative control
From: Carl Socolow <csocolow@microserve.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 1998 11:16:55 -0400

Jim Brick wrote:

Big Snip

>  It became
> evident that the general photographing public have little (or no) knowledge
> of how the science of photography works. Even though they have Leicas,
> their mind set is P&S.

And then when they hire me they want to know why I charge as much as I
do. Or they say they can hire a photog. from Philly (or wherever) and
get a hundred photos for what I charge to make 8 interiors pix in a day.
Argh!!! And then I see samples of the pix that have been done for them
and realize what crap it is and is being passed off as photography and I
wonder why I even try to do it right or as well as I do. At least I know
it's right and looks good; especially in reproduction.
- --
Carl Socolow

Sometimes the wrong thing is exactly the thing you should do.