Subject: [Leica] IN MEMORIAN CHRIS FORTUNKO
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 1998 11:00:23 -0400

List members will be saddened to hear that our noted colleague, Chris
Fortunko, passed away in Monterey, California, this past Saturday from a
heart attack.  Chris had been ill for some weeks but was on the road to
recovery and had been sent home the Monday before the fatal episode.  (I
had corresponded privately with him last week about his health and he was
relieved to be on the mend.)

I will miss Chris.  He and I did a lot of private discussing as well as
public discourse, and he was quite helpful -- Chris gifted me a photostat,
for instance, of the V35 enlarger IB, which turned me from cursing it as a
monstrosity to loving it for its precision and intricacy.

Heck, we will all miss Chris.  His contributions were always helpful, kind,
and most insightful.

Marc Small
Rollei List Administrator

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315