Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica technology, creative control
From: tedgrant@islandnet.com (Ted Grant)
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 1998 22:14:10 +0100

Tom Shea wrote:

>One would hope that in general, people would know something about photography
>before moving to a Leica system.

However Tom, look at it this way. Some of us learned how to drive a car....
by using Mercedes and Porsche!  Just got lucky that's all! And I didn't
know anything about driving until I started the car and was told what to
aim at!

It's the same for those who are fortunate enough to have the income or
saving hard coinage until they can buy the best, a Leica, to learn with.

I beleive there are folks on the LUG who have posted the first camera they
ever had was a Leica, given to them by their father or they purchased. And
they have admitted they didn't know anything about photography other than
the Leica was a great camera.

Sorry Tom I think you jumped a little too hard and too quickly in condeming
these folks trying to learn our hobby, photgraphy.

ted