Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica technology, creative control
From: AJSymi@aol.com
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 1998 10:35:00 EDT

Francois wrote:

<< I am no pro.  One day I ended up finding a link on the internet about
Leica,
 the LUG.  I bought an M6 because of you people on the Lug and I am very glad
 I did it.  Mind you I could afford it.  Bear in mind that I could be one of
these morons as I feel that I am still in the infancy of photography. >>
- -----------------------------------
Francois,

The price of your equipment and how good you are as a photographer are
mutually exclusive.  Buy what you can afford, buy what gives you enjoyment &
satisfaction, don't look back and give no apologies.

In the camera shop I frequent, I see plenty of first time buyers (new
shutterbugs) buying tons of Leica R and M equipment (as well as Hassy's with 4
or 5 lenses!) without a clue as how to use it.  More power to them!  If you
start with the best, you'll never go C or N.  And we need more people in the
Leica camp!

If I were to beleive that thread here last week "Leica and 15-year old
technology," which pretty much said "Leica's are simple to use and we like it
that way!"  I can't think of a better camera for a beginner!!  I wish I would
have had this advice when I started, I'm sure I would have spent less money
over the years with Leica than with Minolta, Nikon, then Leica (and I still
would be using the R3!).

Cheers,

Arturo