Subject: [Leica] More Leica snobbery
From: "James Burris" <jabu@direct.ca>
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 1998 15:16:01 -0700

Jim et al,

I agree with the economics behind people should buy whatever they want.
You're right it's good for the economy.   I just think its wasteful for
that beautiful camera to end up in the hands of someone who doesn't really
know what they have at their disposal other than that it is a LEICA.  Again
I have no problem with beginners owning a camera such as this as long as
there is an appreciation for what a Leica can produce.  What I liken it to
is the couple down the street with the three year old Range Rover that has
never seen anything other that smooth blacktop.  In my opinion it is a
waste and is silly.  OR the millionaire who buys a 15mm elmarit-R because
it looks cool.

I say these things not from my head but from my heart.  I know I'm being
silly but that's just what I think.

James