Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Int'l price differences
From: Mark <mark@steinberg.net>
Date: Fri, 03 Jul 1998 22:13:45 -0700

Bill Larsen wrote:

> (The U.S. Customs are the only folks that ever dumped everything in
> my suitcases onto the floor, kicked it around, and left me to repack
> as people walked on the clothing).

conversely, to their credit, if you do all the paperwork, they can be
extremely nice and very understanding of the essentially hassle-prone
nature of travelling. on several occasions US customs have offered
me utter relief in chaotic circumstances by being friendly, efficient,
and professional.

in general, don't mess with customs people from any nation.

mark