Subject: Re: [Leica] 50 Summicron or Summilux
From: Ben Tuason <debugger@jps.net>
Date: Sat, 04 Jul 1998 12:08:02 -0700

Mark,

Yes, it does look like the Summilux would make a great compromise.
Certainly midway between the Summicron and the Noctilux in speed, but
closer to the Summicron in weight and size.  And the 46mm filter size of
the Summilux works well for me because I already have a set of those
filters.

Rather than keep the Noctilux and get a Summicron, I'm inclined to sell
the Noctilux and get a Summilux instead.  I'm trying to arrive at a
one-lens kit.  However, if the Summilux is inferior to the quality of
the Summicron, then I might go for the Summicron/Noctilux set.

Thanks for your feedback.

Ben