Subject: Re: [Leica] Reason for no foam in the M-6
From: pcb@iac.co.jp (Paul C. Brodek)
Date: Sun, 05 Jul 1998 23:01:32 +0900

Raimo,

I don't remember my CLEs having a film reminder window.  But even if
they did/do, Duane's point is that with the current M film loading
method.  With the film canister loaded from the bottom, the felt light
trap would be vulnerable to ripping and tearing every time film is
loaded or removed.  The CLE had a standard swing-open back. like all
current SLRs, making use of a felt light trap less problematical.

Don't some of the Lecia R SLRs have a film reminder window?

I've noticed that a lot of the APS cameras have film loaded through a
small "hatch;" do any of these have film reminder windows?

Regards,

PB

On Fri, 3 Jul 1998 23:07:03 +0200, "Raimo Korhonen"
<raimo.korhonen@pp2.inet.fi> wrote:

>Minolta (& Leitz) succeededed this with Minolta CLE - it could be done
>again.

Paul C. Brodek
Kobe, Japan
pcb@iac.co.jp