Subject: Re: [Leica] 135mm lens
From: pcb@iac.co.jp (Paul C. Brodek)
Date: Sun, 05 Jul 1998 23:49:27 +0900

Hi Joe,

I have a similar problem with Tele-Elmar 135/4.0, ser #2549xxx.  Mine
fits fine on my M6 but is very tight on my M4-2.  None of my other
lenses feel noticeably different on the two bodies.  At first, like
your lens, it felt as if there was a hard stop preventing the lens
from fully mounting. =20

I found some "flash" on the M4-2 lens mount which hadn't been removed
after manufacture.  I carefully filed the flash away, and the
Tele-Elmar now mounts a little easier but still requires too much
force to mount.  I would guess that there is a slight tolerance
mis-match here, ie the Tele-Elmar mount is a little over tolerance and
the M4-2 mount is a little under tolerance, causing the fit to be too
tight.

I think the best way to be sure and have it fixed would be to have
both the lens and body/bodies checked by a good repairperson.  I'm
going to wait until I'm stateside for a few weeks and get the M4-2
CLA's while I'm at it.

Good luck!

PB

On Fri, 3 Jul 1998 21:15:31 EDT, JZa1058168@aol.com wrote:

>I recently purchased a 135MM Tele Elmar, serial 2,144,xxx . I can put it=
 on my
>M3, however cannot mount it on either of my M6's . It will turn about =
1/8 "
>but hits a "hard"stop and will not turn enough to engage the lock. =
Anyone have
>any ideas about this?=20

Paul C. Brodek
Kobe, Japan