Subject: Re: [Leica] M-focus procedure
From: TEAShea@aol.com
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 1998 09:28:54 EDT

<<  If I focus
 the M6 from infinity-in, and look at the lens focusing
 scale, then do the same thing from close-out, and
 look at the lens focusing scale again, it will be in
 a very slightly different position. >>

Don, I just checked this using four M6 bodies and a variety of lenses.  This
does not happen on any of these combinations.  The Leica lens cams are so
solid that there should be no difference in the pressure going from one
direction or the other.

It is certainly curious.  I wonder if the focus position sensing mechanism
(with the little solid wheel on the pivot arm) might be loose.  You might try
the lenses on another M6 and see if the result is the same.

Tom Shea