Subject: Re: [Leica] oops! Going to France instead...
From: Dominique PELLISSIER <pelliss@droit-eco.univ-nancy2.fr>
Date: Tue, 07 Jul 1998 09:51:56 +0200

>From: Five Senses Productions <fls@home.com>
>Date: Sun, 05 Jul 1998 01:09:46 -0700
>Subject: [Leica] oops!  Going to France instead....
>
>Friends, please don't think me a bumbling idiot
>for crying wolf about going to Greece so quickly......
>My S.O. and I have changed our plans and we are
>going to France for 16 days instead.  Deep thanks
>to all of you who generously replied to my query
>about photography in Greece. =20
>
>NOW, a new set of questions.......photography and
>general travel in France.......recommendations?

RE : In order to prepare your travel, I suggest you to buy Ralph Gibson's
book : l'histoire de France (there is an english version).Pictures have
been made with a M6 as you know probably.Very far from HCB or Doisneau or
Brassai.
Try to avoid south of France in July and August unless you like the crowd.
I suggest : 3-4 days in Paris; then take a TGV ( high speed train) and go
to Burgundy. Rent here a car. 10 days in the true France (Paris, as
New-York for the USA, is not representative of France): good wine (please
do not put an iceberg in your glass : it's a gastronomic wreck!); good
cooking; friendly people with a special accent for some of them ; beautif=
ul
landscapes around Brancion (there is a TGV station near Solutr=E9),
castles(try to hire a room in the Brancion castle), Nicephore Niepce muse=
um
in Ch=E2lons sur Sa=F4ne...

Dominique Pellissier