Subject: Re: [Leica] M4 prices
From: Paul Chefurka <pchefurk@ca.newbridge.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Jul 1998 14:45:46 -0400

Francisco.ACOSTA@DG3.cec.be wrote:

> Friends,
> Could anybody tell me why M4's prices are so high? I've just seen one in Don Chatterton's site for the price of an M6 in better condition!
> My question is pretty simple, I bought one with a 35 'cron few months ago for +/- 1.200 US$ (all my savings :-)...) and I'm starting to think that I've made the deal of the year :-).
>
> Francisco

The prices we see advertised may not be entirely representative.
I bought an M4 two weeks ago in Ex+ condition for $850 US.
I'm getting an older 35 'cron with a user barrel and perfect
glass for $400 US (or less if I can haggle a bit), both from
a local dealer.  This compares to an Ex++ M3 with a DR that
I got from the same dealer for $1350 US.

So, there are decent prices out there, I just don't think you'll
see them advertised on dealers' Web sites or Shutterbug ads.

Paul