Subject: Re: [Leica] It's a sickness...
From: Alex Hurst <corkflor@iol.ie>
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 1998 23:07:52 +0100

Dave wrote:

>I have three Leica M's.  The last one I bought with
>the clear knowledge that I didn't want a near-mint
>M3 ending up as a fashion accessory in a foreign
>country, and so I felt compelled to "save" it.

Yep. Know the feeling. Actually I wonder whether old Ms qualify as orphans
since Leitz left Wetzlar. Definite signs of addiction here. Refer to Dan
Post, who'll put you in touch with the right people.

>Hoewever, I also feel absolutely compelled to buy
>any mint Nikon F2 that I find (and I do have more
>than a few already).  I cannot explain this, and
>the knowledge that I don't "need" it or that I've
>already got some doesn't help.

**Off-topic** - LUGnuts do not read.....

Sounds to me a severe case of N****/Leica schizophrenia. My F2s are far
from mint, but I have a great relationship with them because they take damn
good photographs.

I've remarked before that a lot of people seem to run Leicas/Nikons in
parallel. Please tell us about the differences as you perceive them.

Slan

Alex

Alex Hurst
Waterfall