Subject: Re: [Leica] Is Big Brother Listening?
From: LEICAMAN56@aol.com
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 1998 23:33:30 EDT

Rest assured that the LUG is monitored by both Leica USA and Solms.  I have
this on good authority from my contacts in both Northvale and Solms.

Some bad news from Solms.  Sönke Peters, M Product Manager and maintainer of
the Solms website, has left the company effective June 30th.  He was a good
friend and a strong supporter of the LUG and the LHSA.  He will be sorely
missed.

More bad news from Solms:  Klaus Dieter Hoffman, CEO of Leica Camera, has been
sacked.  Apparently as a result of poor stock performance in the last two
quarters.  It seems that someone needed to take the blame.  Rather unfair,
since most of Leica's stock woes can be directly traced to poor sales in the
Pacific Rim.

Leica needs to make a big impact at Photokina 98 in September.  Let's all keep
our fingers crossed for the new M body that has been talked about so much on
the LUG.

Bill Rosauer