Subject: Re: [Leica] M7 feasibility (longish)
From: LEICAMAN56@aol.com
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 1998 23:45:16 EDT

I have been reading all this speculation over shutters with some interest.
There are only two manufacturers of vertically travelling bladed shutters in
the world.  Copal and Seiko.  Those LUGgers attending Photokina should visit
the booths of both these manufacturers.  There you can see the future as far
as shutters are concerned.  I don't know which company is supplying the
shutter for the G1/G2, but this would be a good choice for a new camera.  This
would also be logical since the relationship between Leica and Kyocera seems
to be getting cosy (several of the new Leica zooms come to mind).

Anyway, we only have to wait about three and a half months to find out!

Bill Rosauer