Subject: [Leica] Leica telyt 400 f6.8
From: Doug Herr <71247.3542@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 1998 00:40:20 -0400

From: "" <jabu@direct.ca>
Date:  21:14:46 -0700
Subject: [Leica] =

On Tue, 7 Jul 1998, James Burris wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I just picked up one of these lenses the other day due to the high opini=
on
>LUG members.  I have to admit I am amazed by the length of this lens
>especially when focussing out to minimum focus.  Can anyone help me with=

>some helpful hints about using this lens to maximize its performance?
>
>Thanks,
>

>James

James,

With the smaller R-bodies I find it easier to use this lens with a winder=

and electric release in the handgrip.  This is partly because my left eye=

is stronger than the right and the compact R4 through R7 are small enough=

that my nose and right thumb compete for space.  With the SL and (I guess=
)
the R8 I can keep my hand on the camera.

Don't be afraid of slow shutter speeds. 1/125 sec should be no big deal,
and with practice 1/60 sec will produce excellent results much of the tim=
e.
 I've used it at 1/30 and 1/15 sec with reasonable results.  Always use i=
at f/6.8 for fastest shutter speeds and quickest focus.  Stopping the len=
down will only give you a bit more DOF and slower shutter speeds.

- -Doug