Subject: [Leica] Hiking lens set for R cameras
From: Doug Herr <71247.3542@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 1998 00:40:18 -0400

On Wed, 8 Jul 1998 James Burris wrote:

>Ola!
>
>I would like to start a discussion of the ultimate Leica-R lens set that=

>would fit into a Lowe Pro off-road.  In it would fit one body, and 4
lenses
>(not included converters) and a flash.  What are you thoughts??

Weight be damned, hike with the biggest, fastest, macro-est lenses you've=

got!  Or that's how it seems I hike.  My kit is either SL or R4sP with 35=

Summicron, 60 Macro w/macro adapter, 90 Summicron w/Elpro, and the 400
Telyt with its extension tube.  I'm not much of a flash guy so my good ol=
'
Vivitar 283 sits at home most of the time.  I've found that most of the
time I wish I had another 1 or two stops of light so the faster (heavier)=

lenses get most use.

Since you have TTL flash capability in your R-E you might consider
replacing the 283 with a unit that can take advantage of this feature. =

Macro flash is LOTS easier with TTL flash control.

- -Doug