Subject: Re: [Leica] Short R Zooms
From: "Robert J. De Vries" <dvcinc@swbell.net>
Date: Thu, 09 Jul 1998 13:58:45 -0700

- --------------5C04BD6A10D24643622A9DAD

Jim:

I have the new 35-70 f4. It is an excellent lens. Handles well on both the R8 and older R models. The lens has an aspherical element that presumably adds to its imaging capability.  I had
a 28-70 before and I liked it too but the focusing was a little loose. I also prefer a fixed apeture. I traded primarily to get the ROM version for the R8. I am not sure Leica makes the
f3.5 version anymore. It was a costly lens and did not focus closely. The new f4 also has a macro setting.

Bob

- --------------5C04BD6A10D24643622A9DAD

<HTML>
Jim:

<P>I have the new 35-70 f4. It is an excellent lens. Handles well on both
the R8 and older R models. The lens has an aspherical element that presumably
adds to its imaging capability.&nbsp;<I> </I>I had a 28-70 before and I
liked it too but the focusing was a little loose. I also prefer a fixed
apeture. I traded primarily to get the ROM version for the R8. I am not
sure Leica makes the f3.5 version anymore. It was a costly lens and did
not focus closely. The new f4 also has a macro setting.

<P>Bob</HTML>

- --------------5C04BD6A10D24643622A9DAD--