Subject: [Leica] Monopods
From: "Robert J. De Vries" <dvcinc@swbell.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 1998 12:55:21 -0700

I use a Bogen 3218 monopod to which I attach a Bogen 2929 swivel head.
To this head I attach a really right stuff B-2 pro clamp. With this
setup I can tilt the monopod leg forward for stability and I can also
flip the camera for verticals. It works really well. I transfer the
whole head setup to a Gitzo carbon fiber monopod that I use for travel.

My ballhead is too heavy for a monopod. However, my monopod and tripod
are compatible as both use arca swiss plates. It is also very handy for
removing the camera from the monopod. This setup is suggested by Bryan
Geyer of RRS. I recommend it highly.

Bob