Subject: Re: [Leica] Elmarit-R 19/2.8
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Thu, 09 Jul 1998 20:37:01 -0500

At 11:27 PM 7/9/98 +0200, you wrote:

>you have done it again :-)
>All your praising the qualities of the Elmarit-R 19/2.8 have made me want
>this lens.
>Now I have it and will test it out while on holiday...

Leica should hire me... :-)

Let us know how it goes, for sure. See if I'm right.

But I would never pull a punch if I didn't like a lens.

Let's see, what Leica lens did I not like...much...

35 Summicron M - three version before ASPH.

Turns out it was slightly out of focus (apologies to Capa).

Actually, I didn't like the 21 f/4 Elmarit all that much.

- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Drug kingpin Amado Carrillo Fuentes...died from nine hours of
liposuction and plastic surgery -- or, as it's commonly known here in
Beverly Hills, natural causes.

Bill Maher