Subject: RE: Re: [Leica] Today's Great Photographers {was Photo whores}
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Thu, 09 Jul 1998 20:25:57 -0500

At 02:44 PM 7/9/98 -0400, you wrote:

>Oh please... Family of Man is the pinnacle of western cultural imperialism
(and this post is coming from an American).  It merely allows people in
wealthy industrialized countries to

Oh, please, this politically correct anti-western culture attitude has been
spread all over the world for way too long. Imperialism? Give me a break.
It's certainly not perfect, but there is no way it fits this knee-jerk,
pre-programmed reaction above.

We can't make positive statements about how people have things in common
the world around? It was a response in reaction to such attitudes as this,
that nothing good from America can come, and that we have nothing in common
with the rest of the world.

You should actually look at a book, which you obviously haven't, before
criticizing it. (That doesn't mean you haven't cracked the binding, just
not "looked.")
- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Drug kingpin Amado Carrillo Fuentes...died from nine hours of
liposuction and plastic surgery -- or, as it's commonly known here in
Beverly Hills, natural causes.

Bill Maher