Subject: Re: [Leica] Noctilux in the News
From: tedgrant@islandnet.com (Ted Grant)
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 1998 21:00:36 +0100

Tina wrote:

<<<<< The Noctilux is a great lens. I did tell Shutterbug that the
"available darkness" quote was from Ted, but that didn't make it into
print.  (Thanks anyway, Ted, for a good quote!) >>>>>

Tina,

Any time dear. :)

<<<I managed to break the mount on my Noctilux this trip when I fell on my
camera on a concrete floor, but it still worked great as long as I kept it
on the M6 it was on when it broke.>>>>>>

I guess that speaks well of the M6 and Noctilux. As long as the gear still
worked and you didn't break any bones, then a repair job is a minor thing
compared to body parts..

<<<<I missed the LUG! Had a great trip and came back with lots of exposed
film, broken cameras and knees, parasites and lice.>>>>>

All in all you could say it was a smashing success! :) And you missed the
LUG! Really? Well just let me tell you honey....whew it was wild!!!! :)
Haven't seen anything like it since old aunt Gert slipped down the 2 holer
and they had to get the mules to lift her out!

<<<What has been going on since I've been gone?  The list seems pretty quiet.>>

Oh Cheri, what you missed!!! :) oh my goodness! :) It was just soemthing
else everyday from dawn to sunset and lots of it had nothing to do about
Leicas. :)

Excitment, screaming, yelling, lawsuits, threats of blackmail, trashing
editors, art directors and bean counters including many other countless
non-sensical things!  All in all it was a "quiet time" to be on a
assignment! :) And you really really didn't miss a thing!

Now don't anyone tell her the truth! :)  If she really knew, she would
leave us immediately knowing we were actually very bad while she was
away!:)

We're glad to hear you arrived home safely with a good shoot in hand and no
broken body parts.

regards,

ted