Subject: [Leica] Rick's Place
From: jorge@cybernetrix.com (Jorge Fernandez)
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 1998 17:50:10 +0200

I'm looking for some recommendations on photo gear. I'll be leaving next =
week to spend a few days travelling through Morocco and plan on visiting =
places not so frequented by tourists. I've been warned of beggars, cons =
and thieves. I usually travel with a Mamiya 6MF and 75 as well as an M =
camera with 4 lenses (I like rangefinders).=20
Since I'd like to travel as light as possible and yet maintain the best =
quality, should I go for the medium format (only a "normal" lens) or =
settle on the smaller negative with the versatility of 4 =
lenses(21,35,50,90). The best shots will probably be blown up to 8x10 =
and film is both chrome and b/w for both formats. My Leica images blown =
to 8x10 rarely look as good as the medium format ones blown to the same =
size (all else being equal). Any ideas?

Thanks and regards to all,
Jorge Fernandez
US Embassy, Madrid