Subject: Re: [Leica] Rick's Place
From: "Robert G. Stevens" <robsteve@istar.ca>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 1998 13:07:32 -0300

Jorge:

Take the Leica.  Don't worry about the enlargements.  If the negatives are
sharp, 11X14 still looks great with Leica Glass.  When these enlargements
are hung on the wall, observers do not view them from inches away and will
not notice the grain anyways.

Regards,

Robert

At 05:50 PM 7/10/98 +0200, you wrote:
>I'm looking for some recommendations on photo gear. I'll be leaving next
week to spend a few days travelling through Morocco and plan on visiting
places not so frequented by tourists. I've been warned of beggars, cons and
thieves. I usually travel with a Mamiya 6MF and 75 as well as an M camera
with 4 lenses (I like rangefinders).
>Since I'd like to travel as light as possible and yet maintain the best
quality, should I go for the medium format (only a "normal" lens) or settle
on the smaller negative with the versatility of 4 lenses(21,35,50,90). The
best shots will probably be blown up to 8x10 and film is both chrome and
b/w for both formats. My Leica images blown to 8x10 rarely look as good as
the medium format ones blown to the same size (all else being equal). Any
ideas?