Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica use
From: tedgrant@islandnet.com (Ted Grant)
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 1998 10:41:06 +0100

Yods 1 wrote:

>I think Leicas are used in the working newspaper press more often than is
>given credit in the LUG. At my paper there are five people who own Leicas,
>though only two use them somewhat regularly. What is more typical is they pull
>them out for the more sensitive or important work, the stuff that matters.
>Leicas are much more common in the magazine freelance world.>>>>>

You're right!

I know several wire and newspaper photographers who have an M camera of
some type, most M6's, who carry one in their bag or have it handy when
required for leica type moments. Where stealth and quiet are essential to
the success of the assignment.

They may use SLR auto everything cameras 95% percent of the time, but they
are astute enough to know the Leica M6 is a very essential tool in the
success of some assignments. However, they don't go around flaunting that
they carry one, they just use it quietly and go about their business.

Ted Grant
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant