Subject: Re: [Leica] Palo Alto LUG slide night
From: tedgrant@islandnet.com (Ted Grant)
Date: Sat, 11 Jul 1998 11:16:22 +0100

mark wrote:

>and to Tom for representing "the company" !

>what a special treat to get a chance to handle the new M8 ! the auto-focus
>was >incredibly fast and how innovative to offer both a digital and
>35mm-film >option! How Exciting !

<i knew leica users are very passionate, but i have to admit to being very
>surprised when such passions led to blows ! good thing Charlie brought
that >single malt !>>>>>>>>>

Damn! I knew I should have flown down for that get to-gether! Nothing like
a good punch-up settled with single malt! :)

And you guys got to play with the new M8!!!!!! Tom wasn't supposed to let
that out until 2002!!! :) And here I've tested one for 6 months and never
even hinted I had it. :)   Boy there is going to be holy hoppie toads to
pay over that getting out. :)

Glad you folks had a good evening. Sure beats the hell out of reading
messages and wondering what the warmth of a handshake with a face can
accomplish.

Obviously: "A punch-up, single malt and a new Leica!"  A great evening. :) :) :)
ted