Subject: [Leica] Napa Valley Trip
From: Kokismom@webtv.net (Donna)
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 1998 17:26:07 -0700 (PDT)

Howdy Bill!

I can only second Gary's comments about the drive up the coast.  Nowhere
else on the planet will you see such splendor as a 2000 yr old redwood.
The farther up you go along Hwy101 or Ca Hwy 1, the better.  If you
don't have the time, maybe you could try for at least the Mendocino
Coast. It's a beautiful drive up 101 toHwy 128 andthen through the
Anderson Valley -- which BTW is home to many nice, quiet wineries.  No
plastcky Napa Valley!

On the other hand, there are a couple of places up the main Napa Valley
(Hwy 29) that I frequent each year.  Silverado Trail, though, is more
laid back and like the "old" style Napa VAlley.  I actually live in
Vallejo, about 20 min of the valley.  I'll try to give you more details
about all this later.  Right now I am once again off on a pesky errand.

Scott