Subject: Re: [Leica] Napa Valley Trip
From: "Gary Todoroff" <datamaster@humboldt1.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Jul 1998 20:38:41 -0700

> I will be in the Bay Area for a few days the end of July visiting family
(in
> San Jose).  I'd like to visit the Napa Valley on a day trip and would
like
> some pointers as to where to go.  I'd like to tour some vineyards.  Which
are
> best to see?  Photogenic?  Also, where would you recommend we eat?
> Bill Rosauer

Hi Bill !

Hey, forget the Napa Valley and all the hoity-toity wine folks - come up to
the REAL Northern California where the Redwoods grow out of sight and the
ocean is so wild that you don't dare turn your back on it. Amazing that
anything this big can be captured on a 35mm frame. Only a Leica can do it
justice!

Really, if you're thinking of staying awhile, come on up. Tom Abrahamsson
and Tuulikki had a fine time here just last month and the trees are still
here since then. (Honest, everybody, they did not cut down all the Redwoods
- - the old ones are still in more forests than I'll ever visit and the young
ones grow like weeds).

If you can only make it to Napa, then the Silvarado Trail loop makes a
great tour. Stop in Calistoga and take a glider ride - a beautiful way to
see the countryside.

If  I don't see you here, then see ya' at the Denver LHSA conference in
October. Have fun!

Gary