Subject: [Leica] The ultimate lightmeter
From: "Martin V. Howard" <marho@ida.liu.se>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 1998 13:13:43 +0200

I've put off buying a lightmeter for some time now, partly because I've
got a beaten up old CdS meter which read incident light, but also
because I haven't been sure what my new meter must be capable of.
Anyway, I've compiled a list of features that I need/like and the
question now is if there is any lightmeter out there (new or old) that
can do all this.

1. Incident and reflected metering
2. Spot attachment (10 degrees or less) for reflected metering
3. Flash
4. Densiometry work
5. Pocketable

Also, some lightmeters claim to have attachments that supposedly render
test strips during enlargment work unnecessary.  Do such things work?

Is there any meter that does all this, or do I need to get several?
(ugh!)

M.

- --
Martin V. Howard, Application Systems Laboratory,     |
Dept. of Comp. & Info. Sci., Linkoping University,    | Just DOHH it!
SE-581 83 Linkoping, Sweden.  Tel +46 13 282 421,     +----------------+
Fax +46 13 142 231; marho@ida.liu.se; www.ida.liu.se/~marho