Subject: Re: [Leica] The ultimate lightmeter
From: Paul Chefurka <pchefurk@ca.newbridge.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 1998 09:35:46 -0400

Martin V. Howard wrote:

> Anyway, I've compiled a list of features that I need/like and the
> question now is if there is any lightmeter out there (new or old) that
> can do all this.
>
> 1. Incident and reflected metering
> 2. Spot attachment (10 degrees or less) for reflected metering
> 3. Flash
> 4. Densiometry work
> 5. Pocketable

Take a look at the Sekonic L328.  It does incident and reflected, comes
with both a dome and a disk (for lighting ratios), takes a 5 degree
semi-spot attachment with a viewer, does flash (triggered from either
the flash or the meter) runs on a single AA and is very pocketable.

The only thing I don't know about is densitometry, but I suspect not.

It's the next model up from the 308 that's gotten a lot of good notice
around here recently, and it's even more capable while being only
slightly larger or more expensive.

Paul Chefurka