Subject: RE: [Leica] M6 metering calibration
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 1998 20:25:34 -0700

I found (in my R7 which uses DX) that I had to be very careful with
exposure on Velvia or I would lose it. When bracketing (I do this a lot) I
found that the "overexposed" bracket was often the best. So I now set my
meters to 40 when using Velvia. This makes the "normal" bracket usually the
best, with insurance on both sides. I have also read that George Lepp uses
Velvia at EI 40. I know there are others but I can't remember who right now.

Jim