Subject: Re: [Leica] Monopods
From: Ken Wilcox <wilcox@tir.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 1998 07:15:15 -0400

I too have a Bogan monopod, one of the few affordable ones for TALL people.
I use it with both M and R Leicas and even an occasional LTM Leica. At the
top I have a Leica ball head and attached to the top of that a Bogan
Flexhead. Since the flex head allows the camera to be twisted in all
directions slightly it makes the use of the monopod even quicker. The ball
head provides for verticals as well. This entire setup was purchased for
under $100 (used ball head) and is quite lightweight.

Cheers!

kw

>Do any LUG members use monopods with their Leica equipment? I just
>bought a Bogen monopod and plan to use it this weekend with my R8 at a
>kennel show and am wondering if it should stand completely vertical or
>slightly angled in a certain direction. Thanks, in advance, for your
>insight!

- ----
Ken Wilcox                             Carolyn's Personal Touch Portraits
LHSA, MEA, LAW                      preferred---> <wilcox@mail.tir.com>
                                                     <kwilcox@gfn.org>