Subject: Re: [Leica] Monopods
From: "Bryan Willman" <bryanwi@seanet.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 1998 08:15:26 -0700

I use a Gitzo carbon fiber monopod with a
ball head (more about why shortly) with all
sorts of cameras.

The ball head allows easy panning through
a wide arc with the camera rotating around
you, rather than you trying to rotate around it.

In general, you put the monopod out in front
of you, so it and your two legs form a kind
of tripod.  so you lean forward a VERY small
amount.

You can also put it between and behind your
legs, and push back on it, but that is more
awkward, save for narrow space.

I find that getting the monopod out away
from the camera helps.  So on a lens with
an adjustable tripod collar, face it *away*
from the camera body.

good luck
bmw