Subject: Re: [Leica] Wonders of plastic (digital)
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 1998 20:42:34 -0500

At 09:17 PM 7/17/98 -0300, you wrote:

>Having tried both ink jets, dye sub, and Ciabachrome, I have come to the
>conclusion that ink jet prints and dye sub prints pale in comparison to a
>Ciabachrome Print.  When you print on the high end ink jet papers and

Have you tried the high end dye sub printers? Though Ilfochrome has it's
benefits, so does doing it the Photoshop way. You can dodge and burn with
tools that are completely impossible to do on Ilfochrome. You can make
color adjustments that can't be done on a classic print (though a pro lab
can come close with lots and lots of work and lost more money).

There are tradeoffs. I would love to do Ilfochromes, but since the Dye Sub
is available to me, and I can make prints that are stunning, for $3 a pop,
I am willing to wait until money is more available to get back into
classical printing. (Not to mention a house to go outside my darkroom).
- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

D)inner not ready:  (A)bort (R)etry (P)izza.