Subject: [Leica] Help! Fogged film
From: Michael Bell <MBell@mail.utexas.edu>
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 1998 14:10:39 +0100

Help!

The last several rolls of film I have developed have come out fogged.  On
the unexposed frames I get a nearly opaque grey instead of the usual nearly
transparent purple.  Needless to say, the exposed frames are not looking
too good.  I have been using Ilford FP4+ and FP5+ at rated speed with my
M3.  I use HC-110 dilution B for developing.

At first I was blaming it on the airports, but the last set of rolls I was
very careful with and had them hand inspected each time.  Also on the
second of two times through hand inspection they were in a lead lined bag.

I don't think there are any light leaks in the darkroom.  And I don't think
that light leaks in my camera or tank would look like this.  The fogging
looks very consistent.

When I get a chance I will shoot a roll that has not been anywhere near an
airport with my R3 and see what happens.

Any other thoughts?

I've been away for 3 weeks.  Did I miss anything good?

Michael Bell
MBell@mail.utexas.edu