Subject: Re: [Leica] If Leica is too expensive what would be the best alternative?
From: Vondauster@aol.com
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 1998 12:38:42 EDT

In a message dated 98-07-18 12:39:13 EDT, Alexander wrote:

<<  I rather buy a non-AF camera, because I
 like to spend my money rather on a good lens than on electronical
 gadgets. Ideally I prefer a lens or a serie of lenses that resembles the
 leica the most. Thank you in advance. >>

I find it strange that no one has mentioned the Contax line of SLRs. These are
quite inexpensive on the used market, and the new Aria is a fully capable
model available new for under $600 US. The lenses are superb, in my experience
right up there with Leica R lenses, and in my opinion a cut above most of the
lenses from Nikon and Canon. Notice I said "most."

My zwei Groschen,

Will von Dauster