Subject: [Leica] Introduction and query
From: Gary Elshaw <gary.elshaw@vuw.ac.nz>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 1998 16:18:04 +1200

Hi all,

I'm a very recent Leica owner  (i've been using a Leica III for the last 6
months), and owning an M series Leica was a dream. My M3 finally arrived
today, consequently, i'm very happy.However it seems i'm now the owner of a
special M3! It has no self-timer and according to the Leica representatives
here is rare, and is a part of the 'modified for professionals' set of M3's
Leica produced. I'm going to write to Leica and see if i can elicit a
little more information, but does anyone on the list here have any
information about these?

I'm trying to track down a lens cap for my DR Summicron as well. If anyone
has one for sale, or one spare I could purchase, i would be most grateful.
Preferably  less than $20 U.S. would be nice (have you seen the N.Z.
exchange rate :). It doesn't have to be a Leica cap, but I don't seem to be
having much luck here finding a generic one.

Take care,
Gary

"The difficulty now is that unexceptional adults believe the loss of youthful
dreaming is itself "growing up," as though adulthood were the passive
conclusion to a doomed activity and hope during adolescence."

                                            The Uses of Disorder
                                      Personal Identity and City Life
                                            -- Richard Sennett

Gary Elshaw