Subject: RE: Re: [Leica] Photo whores {was Life magazine} vs word herders
From: srlondon@ibm.net
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 1998 03:29 -0400

- ----Original Message-----
   >From:    	Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>

   >Wired magazine is the perfect example of what's wrong with today's design.
   >The word that comes to mind is razzmatazz. Too much of... too little
   >substance.

The design of Wired can certainly be nauseating at times.  Silver page backgrounds... the seeming lack of photos displaying "true" colors.  It feels like an extension of the "we're so hip" smugness which permeates the entire publication.  However, if you look past the design itself, there are quite often very original and interesting articles with unique viewpoints.  The magazine is still worth a read.