Subject: [Leica] Point of Comparison- off topic
From: "Paul T. Collura" <pcollura@epix.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 1998 23:20:58 -0400

Tom,

I really resent your "point of comparison".  I for one can hear
differences in audio speaker cable. Whether it can be measured is
immaterial. I have spent much more time with high end audio than
photography and feel quite knowledgeable about the subject. While there
are some dubious tweaks, audio cable is not one of them. Quality cable
is an issue only for high resolution systems.  If your system is not
really high end then one is wasting one's money on the better cable.
BTW, the good stuff goes for much more than  $800.00.  Try $5,000 to
$8,000 for a ten foot pair. (i.e. MIT 770 Ultralinear)

Paul

Subject: Re: [Leica] Off Topic - Point of Comparison

For anyone who thinks that this group deals with small, subjective
issues of
differences between lenses etc, your should spend some time with the
rec.
audio . high end folks.  They make the LUG look quite substantive.
There is
not nearly the snake oil here.  How about $800 for a five foot power
cord
because of sonic unmeasurable differences.

Tom Shea