Subject: RE: [Leica] Mis-information and innuendo
From: Alan Ball <AlanBall@csi.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 07:10:56 +0200

Eric (and Jim),

There it goes again: as soon as someone does not post accordingly to the
"LUG Old Boy Club" rules, he/she gets slammed real hard.

One Alan (not me) posted a note arguing it would be irresponsible to give a
Leica to a kid, for various reasons, some of which I agree with, others I
do not agree with.

Then Jim comes in real irritated, arguing quite convincingly against some
of Alan's statements, but adding such non-constructive qualifiers as
'stupid' here and there. Then he ends with the paragraph hereunder, which
is not related at all to the subject the first poster discussed.

Now you come in Eric, with something that has even less to do and that
sounds even more agressive. Obviously, if someone subscribes to this list
and takes the pain of contributing, it means he/she has at the very least
an interest for Leica equipment. Most, if not all, the current posters have
invested in Leica equipment and share their experience with it. This is not
the Politburo fighting against a bunch of 'agents provocateurs'. There is
no reason that each and everyone of the members of this list should live
the "Leica experience" in a mode imposed by some of the elder or more
prolific members.

Stop doing this please: I've seen challenging posters simply disappear in
the last months after being slammed this way. I have not voted for anyone
to be the "Guard of the Holy Relic" and to excommuniate 'dissident'
members. I do not have the time some of you seem to have, I am not in a
position of policing this group, and have no wish to do so. I do not have
the time to read each post, and even less for contributions. It is now 7 am
in Brussels, I have to work. Please do not order or bully others around.

Friendly regards,
Alan
Brussels-Belgium.