Subject: [Leica] My M3
From: Gary Elshaw <gary.elshaw@vuw.ac.nz>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 23:47:10 +1200

Hi Dennis,

There is no guard around the lens release, and i'm afraid i don't know the
difference between an M2 and an M3's frame counter. The illustrations i
have of M3's and M4's counters (Kisselbach-the leica book) look identical
to the one on my camera. ( I still love saying that,...my camera :)

Take care,
Gary

Dennis wrote:

"Hi Gary,

Does it have the guard around the lens release button? Also does it have
the M3 or M2 type of frame counter?

Just curious as MP's have the M2 counter and the M3 guard.

Dennis"

"The difficulty now is that unexceptional adults believe the loss of youthful
dreaming is itself "growing up," as though adulthood were the passive
conclusion to a doomed activity and hope during adolescence."

                                            The Uses of Disorder
                                      Personal Identity and City Life
                                            -- Richard Sennett

Gary Elshaw