Subject: [Leica] m6jr anyone ?
From: jeremy.kime@bbc.co.uk
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 12:52:00 +0000

Mark wrote:

how many of you who have kids 12 and under retain your serenity while
your children
use your leica equipment (despite it's marvelous guarantee) ??

how many list members who have kids 12 and under, and who encourage their
children to
explore photography, have purchased leica equipment for their children ??

this is an informal poll, and could yield interesting information for
leica gmbh
(m6jr anyone ?).

mark
REPLY:
I've two kids, 10 and 15,
a) I have no serenity when handing my Leica to under 12 yr old
off-spring. I look forward to its return imminently!
b) Of course I encourage them to explore photography, with carefully
bought cheaper cameras. My eldest started an (optional) academic course
in photography and I weaned her off her P&S to use what I thought she'd
prefer, an SLR (my SL). However, she also tried my M6 and said she much
preferred that method of focusing. Sadly she's passed on the course
(already doing 10 other subjects) and is now back on the P&S, borrows
Mum's Leica MiniZoom! when she can get her hands on it.
c) My son prefers a colourful yellow camera from a Multiple store in the
shape of a monkey holding a banana!!! Too bad Leica don't make cameras
like that, I'd just have to get one!

Jem