Subject: Re: [Leica] Summilux-M 75mm/F1.4
From: Dominique PELLISSIER <pelliss@droit-eco.u-nancy.fr>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 17:18:27 +0200

>From: RBedw51767@aol.com
>Date: Tue, 21 Jul 1998 20:09:16 EDT
>Subject: [Leica] Summilux-M 75mm/F1.4
>
>I am considering the purchase of a 75mm Summilux-M F1.4 and the more I look
>the more confused I become.  The confusion is around the Canadian vs the new
>German made lenses.  Does anyone know the difference if there is one?  Is
>there any particular advantage of the German lens vs. the Canadian lense?
The
>German lense appears to be lighter.  Is the element count the same or is the
>weight difference attributed to lighter materials?  Very confusing when you
>get different answers at different dealers.  However I can always depend on
>LUGERS for the straight scoop.
>Thanks
>Bob

One year ago I bought a used 75 in mint condition. It's the first type with
the separate hood lens. 800 have only been made. I think it is the best
choice because of the weight : 500 g only. The second type with the
built-in hood is heavier : 625 g. The new type :600 g.
Whatever the type it's a great lens.

Dominique