Subject: [Leica] 70--180 2.8 for sale
From: tedgrant@islandnet.com (Ted Grant)
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 21:07:04 +0100

I realize this isn't Sale Friday, however, I'm not selling this personally
and this seems to good to wait.

OK all you R owners particularly you American brethern or sisteren with the
Canadian dollar being almost half of your dollar in valueI don't think you
can miss on this.

I had a chap ask me the other day if I wanted to buy a 70-180 2.8 during a
visit at a local photo shop.

"Nope I have one already."  The guy says, "Look we have this peerson who
comes in and buys camera gear like popcorn, uses it a little bit and then
usually trades it in on some other new toy if he doesn't like the feel or
whatever.

Most of what he buys is our all time favourite Leica stuff!  Well it seems
he bought the 70-180 zoom but found it was too heavy and he couldn't get
used to the focus--zoom ring thing. Now wants to sell it or trade it in.

The shop doesn't want to trade it in, can't give the guy what the lens is
worth considering it's only a month old.

However the best part is!!!!!!!!!!! Tha guy rolls in money and I was asked
would $5000 Canadian be a reasonable price? Given it cost the guy about
$7,500 or more.

So I volunteered to feed the information on the LUG in case there is
someone interested in a virtually brand new 70-180, virtually unused.

You American lads should be able to get the lens around the $3000.00 US
mark or maybe less in US dollars.  I am only passing this on as it does
seem like a very good deal.  If you are interested I suggest you e-me
privately and I'll get further information. And or take your offer to the
shop so they can deal with the client. By the way this shop has no mark-up
as they want to get the thing out of their face and get the guy to buy
something more practical.

ted