Subject: [Leica] $800 power cord, use your head, not your ears.
From: "BIRKEY, DUANE" <dbirkey@hcjb.org.ec>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 1998 9:49:20 -0500

$800 for a power cord to improve sound quality???    I'm sceptical.

Especially when you figure the amount of wire, outlets, junction boxes,
breakers, power meter and everything else between the transformer on the
street and the power supplies in your amp and pre-amp.  Your supply line
is only as good as the weakest  part or connection.   I would suggest you
take off the cover of your amp and look at the gauge of wire running from
the power cord jack to the power supply itself.  I'll bet it's not made
out of $160 a foot wire and I doubt it's any better than the standard
power cord.

You could run super-cooled superconducting cable for the last 5 feet from
the wall to your amp and not improve the entire power system.

No offense to audio dealers, but I can only imagine what the profit
margin is on that item.  It's probably what keeps them in business or at
least to be able to upgrade their personal systems (or buy Leica)  :  )

I love music and I listen to it constantly.  My suggestion, use your
head, not your ears.  The mind can be swayed to believe mysterious
things.

Duane Birkey

HCJB World Radio
Quito Ecuador