Subject: [Leica] Hasselblad Xpan is mini Fuji 617
From: "BIRKEY, DUANE" <dbirkey@hcjb.org.ec>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 1998 14:54:23 -0500

I think what Fuji is producing with the Hasselblad Xpan in basically a
mini Fuji 617.  I'm not sure anyone thinks there is all that huge of
market for the 617 either, but Fuji continues to produce them so they
should be somewhat profitable..

My guess is there is a bigger market for the X-pan than there is for the
617, but I've been wrong before.

I had a Fuji 645s and the lens was as sharp (if not sharper) than my
Hasselblad,  it was very handholdable too.  I think the xpan will be a
winner.

Duane Birkey

HCJB World Radio
Quito Ecuador